February 07, 2005
4:18 AM

I'm sitting at a desk at Jenny Choi and Phillips home in Chicago. I leave in 2 and 1/2 hours back to good ol' San Jose. Can't wait to be home and relax. I seem to have gotten a rash in the past few days. It's itching like crazy and has spread to my feet, hands, and stomach. Yeah, it's a bit too much information, but why not let it all out eh???

My alarm was set for 5:15, but I couldn't sleep. I think I managed nearly 3 hours of shut eye. Oh well. Could be worse I guess. I'll take a nice hot shower and I'll be just like new. My throat still feels funny, but other than that no headache or fever. We'll see how my body holds up in the next 24 hours.

I spent Super Bowl Sunday recording at a friend of Jenny's home. His name was Josiah and I took advantage of his pro tools and $10/hr rate to lay down some harmonies on my new record. Ugghh... I hate recording. But I think I got some decent stuff. I'm curious as to why I hate recording so much. Isn't that the time where most musicians love to finally put their art on the canvas?

Well, yesterday seemed to fly by faster than I could ever imagine. It's gonna be sad to leave my friends from tour, but it's time to go home and spend time with Monica. My beautiful friend and sidekick. I even wrote song about her on my new record. I know.. I know... How romantic. FU@K yeah. I'm the best eh?

Well, we wrapped up our tour in Rockford, Il.. The last time I played in Rockford was 1994. That's a long time ago. most of the kids at the show were still in single digits age wise back then. How time flies. We played with a great band called Felix Culpa. I bet if a label like Victory signed them, they would sell a ton of records. There were over 200 people in attendance and it made for the perfect last show. We headed back to Elgin, unpacked the van, and said our last goodbyes to everybody. i went with Jenny and Phillip back to Chicago and that was it. The tour was over. Albeit, a very short tour. A great one nonetheless. Anyways, thanks to anyone who made it out. I appreciate it more than you can ever imagine.

Peace, mike park

8:59 AM PST
I'm now 34,000 ft. over some place. Perhaps Utah? I don't know. I slept for about 30 minutes on the plane, so I've got another burst of energy. Only 2 hours and 15 minutes to go until we land. Ahhhhh.. That's gonna be an eternity. I paid an extra $100 to get on this flight just because it was a non-stop. Whenever I fly solo, I will pay extra to get to my destination as fast as humanly possible.

I'm going stir crazy. As soon as I land, I will go straight to work. Hopefully it's not to busy at asian man. I guess I'll play another game of tetris.
Peace, mike