February 03, 2005
3:23 PM

We've been unable to get wireless internet. Therefore I don't even know when I'll be able to post this. So if you're reading this, go back and read the last couple days. You will be amazed at how friggin amazing my writing skills are. We are about 2 hours from St. Louis, Mo.. Our destination for this evenings rock show.

About ten minutes ago we stopped for a potty break requested by Pat of Colossal. Unfortunately for me it was at Churchs Fried Chicken. I couldn't resist the biscuits and mashed potatoes. ARGGHHH!!!! It tasted so good, but the biscuits were so greasy. It was like they were dipped in butter and just deep fried. Or deep fried and then dumped in butter. Regardless it was yummy, but now my tummy is feeling funny. I rhyme good huh?

We met a band last night called Bent Left. They were a political punk band similar to Anti Flag. They were very kind and let 8 of us stay at their small apartment. They made us food after the show and breakfast. Actually, Jenny cooked the food, but they provided the ingredients. I helped make breakfast and that was kind of fun. We made eggs and hash browns. Or more like home fries. It was good though.

Last nights show in Kansas City was not so good. Nobody was at the show. And I mean nobody. With four bands and the music starting at 7:30 PM, we were able to have everyone play and still be packed up and in the van by 9:23 PM. When I played there were two people there. i felt so bad for the promoter. It's usually the other way around, but I'm friends with the promoter and knew he got the word out about the show. So basically KC doesn't know who the heck I am. Oh well. It's the first bad show of the tour. Hopefully tonight will be better in St. Louis, but I don't know what to expect after last night. COME ON MISSOURRI....DON'T LET ME DOWN!!

I couldn't sleep last night. A couple factors were involved to cause this sleep deprivation. First, I was sharing a small bed with Rob Kellenberger and he was snoring it up about 2 inches from my ear. I had ear plugs in and everything, but to no avail. Plus my mind was racing. I like to think a lot, but unfortunately it causes me more stress than not. Perhaps I should become a stoner and just sit in front of the boob tube. Lately, that seems more enticing....Just kidding. or am I?

Geeeeez.....Why do I always get sleepy when I'm in the van. I'm dozing off in between sentences. Let me shake my head and slap my face really quick... Ahhh.. better. Tonight we're going to drive straight to chicago after the show. It's a 5 hour journey that will hopefully end in restful sleep as I will get my own bed. Whilst lying awake at 3:30 AM, I heard Jenny's husband Phillip rustling about next to me and I said to him "I'm 35 years old, have my own business and house, but yet I'm sleeping on a bed with a large man, you and your wife are sleeping on the floor in a space big enough for not much more than a laundry bag, and there are a pack of 18 year old kids in the living room smoking pot. How do you feel?" He answered "Like a hundred bucks" and then I tried again to sleep. When all was said and done, I think I managed 5 hours of rest. Not bad I guess.

My throat was sore upon wakening. I took a hot shower and tried to cough up phlegm. A little bit of brown came out. Plus a bunch of debris from my nose. I used to get nose bleeds everyday when I was about 19 years old. I would take a shower and within 5 minutes my nose would bleed. I got that fixed though and I'm living a normal life again. Just thought you'd like to know. Well, I guess I won't be so anti-social and will join a conversation. Be well.

Peace, mike park