June 10, 2004
4:02 PM

I'm so close to home. 4 more hours and I'll be in San Jose. I'm currently sitting in the Denver Intl. Airport Terminal. I have a 2 hour layover here before my flight leaves at 5:45 PM. I left Dallas at 2:45 PM, but got there at around noon. That gave me plenty of time to walk around and explore the giant airport they have. People watching at the airport equals super fun. People of all shapes and sizes from all over the country and world make up the watching experience. Plus the bonus of getting some excercise is always nice.

I stopped at a Popeye's Fried Chicken and bought a large Red Beans and Rice.( I've been addicted to their red beans and rice for the last 10 years) It's so delicious. Seriously!! Better than any red beans and rice anywhere, including New Orleans. I walked for about 90 minutes, which was nice since I was full from the food. But for some reason, I bought more food just before my plane boarded. I got 2 bean burritos and a quesedilla at Taco Bell. Why? I'm still trying to figure that out. I thought I could just eat it on the plane and that it would help me pass the time. hmmmm.....good reasoning eh?

Last night we played the last show on the plea for peace tour. It was at a venue called Trees in Dallas, Tx.. The weather was horrible. Thunder and lightning mixed in with the downpour of rain made for an interesting driving experience. We checked into our hotel at 5:30 PM. I didn't know what time the show started so I called the Cursive gang to find out. 6:30 they said. YIKES!! We quickly left the hotel and headed for the club which was about 30 minutes away. By the time we finally left the hotel it was nearly 6 PM. Traffic is killing me as we pass accident after accident. We pull up to the club at around 6:40 PM. Load in quickly/frantically and then I head for the stage. I'm supposed to go on at 7 PM, so wheeee.. I made it.

My set got postponed even some more as the Planes Mistaken for Stars crew couldn't find their key to their trailer and had to get a locksmith to come out and open their travel so they could load their equipment. So I ended up finally going on at around 7:20 PM. I blasted through my set with a great deal of confidence. I didn't feel much nervousness and to be honest had an amazing time. Much better crowd than Houston. The Dallas peeps were energetic and supportive of everything I was pouring out. Pretty exciting to have our last show end like this. All the bands felt the same way. There were 900 people there, which is mind blowing considering the weather conditions. Applause to you Dallas.

The show ended with a bang as Cursive front man Tim Kasher destroyed his guitar on stage ala Peter Townsend. No matter how many times it's been done, it's still pretty exciting to watch someone smash their guitar. Much appreciation goes to the TREES. They donated an extra $500 out of their own pockets to Plea For Peace. WOW!! That was the first time that has ever happened. Much appreciated. Please support Trees for ever and ever.

After the show we took group photos and lots of hugs were shared. This would be the last time I would see these peeps for awhile, so the hugs were extra meaningful. This was truly one of the best experiences of my life. I loved everyone on this tour quite a bit. We finally got back to the hotel at around 12:51 AM. For the next hour I just kind of sat there and reflected on the tour, the people I met, the new friends, the smiles, and the memories. Then I packed my stuff up and did some last minute book keeping for the tour. I finally fell asleep sometime late into the night/early in the morning. ZZZZZZZZZZZ...........

Peace, mike park